OSPR – Data Protection and Privacy Statement
- This website, ospr.co.uk (Site) belong to the Offshore Safety Professionals Register (OSPR), The Hub, Aberdeen Energy Park, Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. AB23 8GX.
- Your right to privacy is very important to the company and we acknowledge that when information about you is received, you trust us to be responsible with it. We are committed to protecting the privacy of those using our Site and the confidentiality of the personal information that our members and website users give us. We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information.
- We’re registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and comply with the Act whenever we handle your personal data.
What type of information will be collected?
- When you use this website you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. By giving us such information you agree to us using it in the manner described in this policy.
- Cookie information, pages you have requested and your IP address may also be recorded by us from your browser as set out in this Data protection and privacy statement.
What is done with the information shared
- Any personal information given to OSPR when using and/or registering with our website may be used for the following purposes by OSPR:
- updating records of other related OSPR activities
- communicating with you
- completing transactions with you
- personalising areas of the website to match your profile
- keeping track of areas of the website that you visit and the facilities you use so we can improve the Site to meet users’ needs
- telling you about orders, products and services
- advising you of other products and services which may interest you
- Booking training courses
- improving our services, and
- for quality and training purposes.
- Moderators and OSPR staff are able to see your internet protocol (IP) address when you post a message on our forums. This is the address used to connect your computer to the internet. This information is for use by OSPR only and is only used to prevent misuse of the discussion forums. We won’t disclose your IP address to anyone, unless it’s legally requested, eg by the police.
- Any personal information you give to us will only be used by OSPR, its agents and service providers. OSPR does not sell or share personal information with third parties unrelated to it.PR
When you book onto an event run by OSPR
9. Your personal information will be used to promote OSPR and market its courses and products. The data will only be disclosed to organisations that are associated with OSPR (inclusive of branches, groups and partnership organisations) and not to any other organisation. OSPR and its associated organisations may use your personal information to let you know about other services and products that may be of interest. If you would prefer not to receive details of other products and services, you will not be able to book online. Get in touch with the event contact to book your place at the event.
- A photographer may be at the event. Please email Paul Millar (Executive Director) email@example.com if you do not wish your photograph to be taken.
When you book onto an event run on behalf of OSPR
- If you sign up to attend a conference or event run on behalf of/in partnership with OSPR, you will link through to separate webpages and your contract may be with one of our agents instead of directly with us. If that is the case, our agent’s data protection policy may apply and you should find and read their policies to see how they intend to use your data.
- Except as identified above, your information will only be disclosed to third parties where permitted or required by law. Also, if you post or send offensive or objectionable content on the website, we will lawfully be able to use whatever information is available to us about you to stop such behaviour.
How can you see the information we have about you?
- You have the right to a copy of the personal information OSPR holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests. Please send requests to Executive Director , OSPR, The Hub, Aberdeen Energy Park, Exploration Drive, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. AB23 8GX.
Keeping your details up to date
- We always endeavour to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, but we need your help to do this. As a member or registered user of OSPR, you should make sure you keep your details up to date. Log in to MyOSPR to review and update the details we hold for you.
- If you’re registered with our website, you can log into MyOSPR and choose what information you want to get from us and where it should be sent. All the marketing emails we send you will have an ‘opt out’ option on them.
Keeping your password safe
- You are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your password. You agree to indemnify us against any costs, claims and liabilities suffered by OSPR arising from, or related to, your access to and/or use of the Site and/or other person’s use of the Site where such a person was able to access the Site using your password.
- You should take the necessary steps to make sure your password is kept confidential. Let the Web team know immediately if you think your password has become known to someone else, or if your password will be/is being used in an unauthorised manner.
If you have any concerns about security, please email the Paul Millar (Executive Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Users aged 16 and under – competitions
- If you’re 16 or under, please ask your parent or guardian to give their permission before each time you send us personal information, such as your name and address, with a competition entry. You must not provide us with personal information without this consent. If we find out that your competition entry has been sent without your parent or guardian’s consent, your entry will be disqualified.
‘Share this’ tool
- ‘Share this’ is third party software. Before you use this tool, make sure you read the ‘Share this’ terms and conditions.
What happens when I follow a link to another website?
- ospr.co.uk contains links to other websites. This Data protection and privacy statement applies only to our Site and to the microsites owned by OSPR. We are not responsible for any use of your personal information that you provide to third party websites which may be accessed from this website. So, when you move to another site, you should read the Data protection and privacy statement of that website.
What’s a cookie?
- A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. A cookie is written by the website server of the website you are visiting. They are stored on your computer and can only be read by the server that writes them.
Why are cookies used on this Site?
- ‘Session’ cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file on your computer until you leave our website. Session cookies are used to:
- help us check that you’re a registered user
- give you access to your user details and other private areas of the website and
- personalise some areas of the website to match your preferences.
- Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your computer for as long as the length of time allocated to them. We use persistent cookies for advanced personalisation of the Site.
- If cookies are disabled in your internet browser, you’ll miss out on the personalised services available on the site. This means that you may not be able to access certain areas or get the most out of our site.
- Users are able to set their computers to accept all cookies, notify them when a cookie is issued or to opt not to receive cookies at any time. Every internet browser is different. To organise your cookies, please check the ‘Help’ menu on your browser.
- If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the internet, and how you can manage your own preferences, you may find the following links useful:
- If you would like to contact us about a specific issue regarding cookie use on the Site, please email Paul Millar (Executive Director) email@example.com
Transfer of your data outside of the EEA
- As part of the service offered to you through this website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We hold additional information on members and they are able to access additional functionality available on this website. For more details on how we use member information, read our Membership Data protection policy.
- To read our Membership terms and conditions go to the first step of the join OSPR process and scroll down to the ‘Membership terms and conditions’ heading.
- The Terms on which we renew OSPR membership will become available to members when their next renewal is due.
- We know that your privacy is important to you. If you have a complaint, please contact Paul Millar (Executive Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to update this Data protection and privacy statement at any time. We may highlight any changes to this statement in the News section of the website. You are advised to check our news section and review the data protection statement regularly to make sure you’ve seen any changes to this statement.
Offshore Safety Professionals Register
Aberdeen Energy Park,
Bridge of Don,