40 Hours per week (flexible days e.g Monday – Thurs)
Circa €80 per hour
General description and purpose:
Ensure license to Operate, Identify, Monitor and analyze safety, health and environmental (SHE) issues and add value by using SHE indicators to improve processes.
To provide SHE leadership, expert advice and support to the members of the projects team and the SHE Function. Develop, implement and maintain effective SHE Management Systems which meet customer, regulatory and Company needs. Drive the Company strategy and policy on SHE.
Directly to SHE Manager Offshore Projects
Functionally to the Project Manager
Duties, tasks and responsibilities:
• Responsible for supporting the project organization in order to improve health and safety and to minimize the impact on the environment.
• Responsible to request SHE staff on project sites and in support roles.
• Responsible for identifying and negotiating all SHE related issues in the project.
• Responsible for monitoring of contractors SHE performance and taking appropriate actions on observed deficiencies or SHE noncompliance to contract, standards, Company requirements and applicable legislation.
• Responsible for SHE communication flow and reporting within the project and to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for escalating issues to next level in situations where issues cannot be solved in the project, were the project will suffer significant impact or in cases of noncompliance with legal or Company demands.
• Responsible for active sharing of best practices, lessons learnt and safety alerts among the projects.
• Responsible for internal improvement projects not directly related to a specific project, as need-ed.
• Ensure that, emergency arrangements are established at all locations in your area and that they are known and understood by employees and contractors.
• Ensure that contractors are provided feedback, review and approval of documents within the stipulated timeframe.
• Participate in audits including audit of sub-contractors and coordinate/initiate necessary activities for preparation/follow up.
• Ensure that all accidents and incidents within their area of responsibility are recorded in accordance with the Company accident and reporting procedures and all corrective actions are identified and implemented by the responsible parties.
• Ensure the correct implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System and assure continuous improvement of the Management System.
Competencies and experience:
Engineer or similar technical education.
Prior experience within the offshore (renewable) sector
Relevant language skills English (preferably also Dutch and German, not mandatory)
Experience from working with SHE matters from industrial business or similar. Experience in preparation of SHE procedures. Experience from working with management systems (ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001). Be able to analyse and systematise. Experience from tutoring.
OSPR members should register an interest for this job via the myOSPR portal.
Non-members, please fill out this form with your name, e-mail address and an upload of your CV to register an interest: