OSPR level 4+ desirable
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Project HSE Manager to ensure professional & competent HSE support is provided to the project and any contractor & supplier.
- Interpreting Project HSE standards and protocols ensuring an in-depth understanding of associated acts and regulations.
- Provide strong and consistent safety leadership and direction to the project.
- Consult with and advise project management on selected HSE issues.
- Supports the safety culture of the project by ensuring compliance to established safety procedures.
- Lead and participate in HSE Management due diligence programs on audits and surveillance of contracts.
- Provides analysis and monitoring of HSE programs, incident management, behavioural –based safety and key performance indicators.
- Meet regularly with contractors to ensure that safe working practices are agreed and followed and attend meetings as directed.
- Participate in hazard identification workshop(s), risk assessment, emergency response training & exercise requirements where required.
- Undertake reviews of documents and safe system of works and prepare reports in relation to monthly statistics, performance and incident reviews.
- Lead & undertake incident investigations with contractors & suppliers and coordinate with other project team members where required
- Lead & undertake HSE Lesson Learnt Workshops, where required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ level 4 Occupational Safety & Health Qualification as a minimum.
- Environmental qualification
- A thorough and in-depth knowledge UK HSE legislation and guidance with practical implementation via good practice.
- Experience working in a HSE role on construction / High risk activities/projects.
- Prior experience gained in a client and / or principal contractor role.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of development, implementation and maintenance of HSE policies, plans, procedures, reporting methods and HS&S CR Programmes.
- A good understanding of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001 standards and there implementation.
- Trained auditor and Accident & Incident Investigator
- Able to undertake HSE Inspections
- Experience of working at Height
- Pragmatic and practical approach to challenge resolution
- Demonstrates good organisational, interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong planning, organising and co-ordinating skills
- Highly effective relationship builder at all levels – internally and externally with contractors, partners and government agencies.
- Practical crisis management experience
- Physical fit and healthy to be able to pass a medical to work at Height
- Prior experience gained in a HSE advisory role, preferably within the wind sector
- Developing/implementing HSE Policies, Procedures, and Safety, Security and CR programmes
- Able to take part / lead internal audits and incident investigations
- HAZOPS, HAZID and Risk Assessment competence
- Accident / Incident Investigation competence
- Adept at Planning, Organising and Coordinating
- Experience of MS Office + HSE standards/Programmes
- Experience of working in an international context
OSPR members should register an interest for this job via the myOSPR portal.
Non-members, please fill out this form with your name, e-mail address and an upload of your CV to register an interest: