The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Project Engineering Team with all aspects to undertake the role of Principal Designer
- Managing the process to update and maintain the project Health and Safety File
- Compiling relevant information for Project ‘Pre-Construction Information’ packs to be include in tender documentation
- Providing support to the project Principal Designer Committee
- Follow up and review individual Designer competencies
- Ensuring safety in design is being implemented in the design process
- Facilitating and supporting safety in design workshops such as HAZID’s etc.
- Delivering in house training on Designer duties under The CDM regulations
- Undertaking audits on sub-contracted designer organisations
- Providing general HSE support and advice as part of the project HSE team to the project, as instructed by the Project HSE Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- NEBOSH General or Construction certificate or equivalent in Occupational Safety & Health Qualification as a minimum.
- The APS course on Management of Pre-construction Health and Safety or an equivalent qualification
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of UK HSE legislation and guidance with practical implementation via good practice.
- General understanding of maritime legislation, covering offshore wind farms.
- Experience working as a CDM co-ordinator/Principal Designer on construction / High risk activities/projects.
- Prior experience gained in an offshore wind projects
- Detailed knowledge of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 Pragmatic and practical approach to challenge resolution
OSPR members should register an interest for this job via the myOSPR portal.
Non-members, please fill out this form with your name, e-mail address and an upload of your CV to register an interest: